Anna Sebkova: It's time to leave with some dignity and honor

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Czech gymnast Anna Sebkova annouced her retirement this weekend indicating that the Brno Grand Prix was her last competition.

Sebkova told Brněnský deník "I think the emotions will surely overwhelm me. I do not regret anything, I'm glad I did gymnastics. I have a great deal of experience, I've seen lots of places and got a lot of experience".

She added that health contributed her decision: "I was injured in the Sofia World Cup in Sofia. I injured my knee two weeks before European Championships. I've been treated for about two months. But I would retire, even if I did not hurt... My body is already giving signals that it is not able to handle the great work that is behind it. Moreover, I am no longer willing to undertake this dril. I also feel that the new rules are not entirely up to me. It is time to leave with some dignity and honor".

Anna also added that she hopes the name Sebkova won't forgotten as she expects her younger sister, Natalie, can climb through the ranks.

Sebkova has two national championships titles and this year she won the all-around at the International Tournament Ness-Ziona.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Free Blogger Design Made By The Dutch Lady Designs